Super GURPS Style Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team

4 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty Re: Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team

Post by Shadow8472 Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:48 pm

For the next hour, the card game rages on. Hydras goes all in on the first hand, only for Ember to call her on it. The game eases on until G'mbit and Cerina have the chips divided evenly between them. G'mbit goes all in with three kings. Cerina calls him with a royal flush and takes the pot.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Anthony Wells V (aka. Mercury)
HP:
Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/10Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
FP:
Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/10Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty Re: Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team

Post by doomedelf Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:49 pm

"You are not going to call me delusional? or anything? I just claimed to be working for extraterrestrials and nothing... That is disappointing. I mean my old S.O. had the decency to tell me I was a delusional with matter creation, and High level reality warping powers. By the way you might want to blink. Flash in 3, 2, 1."
A brilliant flash fills the room. A Tall glowing man with wings stand in the middle of the circle. An aura fills the room as all the myriad creatures (Excluding G'mbet)bow to pay respect. Everyone feels the presence slightly different. For Ember it feels like she is in the heart of a star dancing among the flames. For Shadow Walker it feels like if all the light has suddenly turned to Shadow embracing him in its cool warmth.
"Hello do not Be afraid."
Kath'aheli Replies in calm plan english.
Make WILL-5 roll thenTerror(Awe)

Last edited by doomedelf on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ceffer Hawk
HP:
Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/13Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
FP:
Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

https://ssssconspire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Tony: Success by 0
Ember: Success by 1
Smith: Fail by 7+7=>+1Quirk
Ceffer: Auto Success
Alishari: Auto Success
G'mbit: Critical Success
Sparky: Fail by 5
Chrispy: Fail by 4
Hydris: Fail by 7
Cerina: Fail by 4
Gremlins: Fail by 4
Tik'inerda: Fail by 3

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Having shielded her eyes, Ember gazes upon the angel and smiles. "Hello. Nice laser saber. Did the lab-boys make it for you?"

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Meriah "Ember" Den
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Tony's attention was pulled away by a fly walking on the window. When he looks back, he feels a sense of awe, but manages to control it.

Oh, look! An angel.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by zebtheelf Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Smith just stands there unable to look away. "What the .... is that?"

zebtheelf
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Nameless
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:10 am

"Hello my name is Kath'aheli.

• I am local celestial legal contractor in advisement officer. On behalf of the Celestials I'm here to explain a few pieces of information. We are currently involved in the conflict spanning multiple galaxies. This conflict is approaching the planet. We hope to be able to work with your people to not a defense similar to what United States did during World War II and the indigenous populous of South Asian seas.
  • About 30 local years we sent our diplomatic and medical card make contact with your planet. When they entered the system they were the most of the fleet was completely destroyed eliminating much of our Diplomatic Corps and almost all of our available Mobile Medical Corps in the sector. It's left us in a very precarious situation. We were unprepared for the violent assault peaceful vessels. The only remaining trained Diplomat in the area is Alishari.
  • Because of this we have not made contact with your people. Our resources are currently being drawn elsewhere and as much as we would like to establish contact with your planet we are unable to as long as this organization has been experimenting on humans remains in control of your system. We have hired Ceffer to remove their Abominations and prevent them from entering more of the local populace. In accordance with working for us he has earned wages that has allowed him to hire helpers, gadgets and storage space.
  • I'm here to offer explanation of his abilities. And request that you assist him fulfilling his duties. I wish to offer you this warning the society, which you are interacting with, has Technologies not native to this planet far as we can tell. We have found several instances where it is obvious to us that they have access to some of our more restricted genetic databases. This includes rogue vampire and several therianthropic genetic samples and  Various other metaphysical technologies.
  • We are willing to offer training tools to a limited extent. Again our resources are limited do to an ongoing conflict an extremely expensive race.
  • Along those Lines. It has come to our attention that your people i.e. Doctor Wells has begun to work with trans-dimensional Technologies. I wish to offer this caution when dealing with this technology. Not everything on the outside it's safe.Be extremely, careful when using this technology that you do not transfer too far.
  • And finally miss Den, this sword was made by one of our steps and is used for personal defense. Is it common item where I come from. Just not something easily imitated by your people's technology.

"

Kath'aheli expounds. His words seem to leave no chance for interruption and as Far as anyone can tell he appear to believe it. He pulls out a device and scans the room.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/13Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
FP:
Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 7: The Secret Base Part III: A new 'A' team - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:35 am

Having been hit in the full front with a lot of words,
Spoiler:
Ember is very impressed but still not convinced. "Kathelly... Kethahally... Can I just call you Keith? Anyway, please forgive my skepticism, but as you are no doubt aware (by one way or another), we happen to live in arguably the strangest town on Earth. Most of the people here have unusual talents if they can't perform altogether fantastic feats limited only by the imagination. You said you're some sort of alien; from where I'm standing, you could much more easily be a photokinetic, a teleport, or an illusion. At the same time, I don't know how you can prove yourself to the rest of us because of the same problem.

"It's not that I don't trust you; it's that it's far more likely that you're a prank."

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:38 am

"It is \kath-'-ahel-Ä“\ but if that is to hard just call him Kath."
Pronouce Guide:
Kath'aheli winces when Ceffer shortens his name but continues scanning.
"It is slightly insulting to shorten his name but it Generally get the point across. Anyway that is why I Generally don't introduce him."
Kath'aheli looks concerned for a moment.
"I thought that you had a Speedster. All I see are a shadow element manipulator and a Sub atomic Kinetic Energy Manipulator, who spends most of their time producing it? "
Here is a scan. He uses the trans-dimensional technology to realize an unrealized state of being.
Alishari hands Kath'aheli a spreadsheet with what look like scans of Tony on it.

Last edited by doomedelf on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 pm

"I would be the speedster, Mr. Kath'aheli. I don't always have my powers active because there are some side affects, such as increased metabolism and issues with staying asleep. I understand these problems are perfectly normal for some supers though."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:39 pm

"Ah ha. So that's why I've heard some of the other speedsters calling you a wimp; you don't like the side effects!"

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:39 pm

"More like I didn't grow up with them."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Kath'aheli winces at the miss-applied honorific. He waits for the banter to die down.
"I was hoping to be able to give you suggestions on how to use your powers better. If you spent more time with them would would naturally become more familiar with them. As for you Miss Den, How do you know you do not live in a simulated reality. In order for Ceffer to pull off the amount of tricks he has, either he has a team of three or four World Class supers working for him or He is a world class Reality manipulator or He is exactly what he says he is."
Ceffer Jumps in.
"I could prove it. I have been to Mars. Remember the 'Prank' sign that the Rover found. I made that."
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Ember stares at the ground for a while, playing with a miniature figure of a fire wisp. "Well when you put it that way, I guess I'll just have to learn to trust you. Don't expect it to happen overnight, though. You do have to admit that if anyone in the world could pull off such a stunt, you'd find them in Wells Hills."

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Tony's face turns into a slightly troubled look.

"Someone is going to notice if I start having my powers for more than just training and missions, but I suppose I can spend more time practicing in the computer."

His face straightens out.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:24 pm

"Understood We don't expect you to accept this all at once but we thought it would be better to inform you and give you the knowledge so that you can plan better. Are there any specific questions you have? Maybe you wish to ask about the summons while my translator devices is here.May I ask, why does it matter if people find out that you have super powers? Why would it be a problem or is there something we are not aware of? "
Kath'aheli Explains curiously.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:32 pm

"No problem, It's just if I suddenly change my habits and start casually speeding around town, someone at the lab might ask enough questions and unknowingly try to get me to break the contract Ceffer had us sign."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:59 pm

"Just tell them that you're tired of being called a wimp behind your back."

Ember turns to the angel. "Currently, the world is ignorant of supers. There are a few people who work with the outside world and some who work with us, but to the general public, people with super powers exist only in movies and comic books. When supers first started appearing about thirty years ago, most people didn't react well. Some thought us dangerous to the peace, others thought the whole thing was a hoax. I'm told that national sanity was spiraling out of control until Wells Hills was re-established as a supers sanctuary. The government says their worst fear is that other nations will find out about us, and think the United States is developing eugenic super soldiers. Some of us still believe the Gov. really is responsible for us in the first place. But all of that was thirty years ago; if they plan to tell the public about us at all, they'll want to do it when they think it's not going to cause global hysteria."

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Tony adds onto Ember's explanation.

"Actually you are really close there. The government is letting the reality of supers seep into the cultural background so people don't have as strong of a reaction when superpowers become public knowledge."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Ember's face blanks for a moment. "All of a sudden, the last four years of my life make a lot more sense..." She looks at Tony again. "Are you saying that all those movies; Dr. Strange, Shazam, Flash, The Avengers Infinity War, even The Green Lantern Corps; all of that was endorsed by the government?"

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:13 pm

"Not exactly, but they are subtly helping them along in ways like waving certain taxes and stuff like that."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:15 pm

"I can't wait for the Green Lanterns to hit the theaters," she says under her breath.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

"I disagree with their reasons. It made things much more complicated it much harder to protect supers. Because of actions that your world's governments have taken most of the Super's that are actually powerful would be actually useful to you end up as criminals or subversive groups. Then there's the enslavement of supers, attempts at brainwashing and generates fear that supers are actually scary people as opposed to just ordinary people who can do a little bit more. In many instances they have created an atmosphere in which Superstar thought to be able to get away with anything just because they have powers. They may have had the best intentions but the results or anything but."
Kath'aheli Rants irritated at the situation.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 pm

"There was that video that leaked from a Kindergarten graduation. The video went viral faster than they could take it down. It may be only a matter of months until they are forced to declassify superpowers."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:41 pm

"The sooner the better. It will make hiding their activities much harder."
Kath'aheli Responds.
"Running into supers when I am looking for monsters is annoying"
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next