Super GURPS Style Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?!

3 posters

Go down

Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?!

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Our ship arrives at Salaleeti only to discover that it is an Empire famous resort system (makes Risa look like a cheap tourist trap). We only manage to sell a few of the sensors to the Elves and other patrons of the system before being harassed by a stranger with an eye patch, bigger guns, and a sickeningly friendly attitude as he maneuvers his ship ever closer to ours. Captain Otis ultimately hits the hang up button and reports him to System Security, and we depart. Shortly after, Captain Otis discovers he has been under the effects of a spell and gives a talk down to all the magic workers on the ship (except Ratha, who removed it for him). During the talk down, Aheia, Goddess of Miscellaneous Fortunes, appeared and requested a few hours of the Captain's time. He quickly arranged a meeting with her, then returned his attention to Drannor and assigned him to Janitorial for the next couple of days.

Drannor - 6
Ratha - 6
Darvin - 3

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Meriah "Ember" Den
HP:
Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Left_bar_bleue10/10Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
FP:
Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Left_bar_bleue10/10Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty Re: Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?!

Post by Shadow8472 Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Dann's smirk turns widens and turns into a smug grin as the captain releases him and he turns to leave the room.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Anthony Wells V (aka. Mercury)
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty Re: Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?!

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:08 am

After Ratha finishes her shift in sickbay, she sends Oenel home and starts her search for Drannor's alleged enchanting lab. She finds it about twenty minutes later and frowns, slightly disgusted. "No no no!" she says to herself in High Elf.

Before touching anything, Ratha studies everything. Many if not most of the alignment objects are human or human-ish substitutes, even though he seems to have enchanted them correctly. The arcane icon of luck remains on the pedestal, however that which was half enchanted into it has dissipated by now. Further more, nearly every stability pillar (which have also been replaced with human substitutes) is off from its optimum position by no less than 0.3 centimeters. Ratha begins to make some adjustments that can only improve Drannor's efforts here, all the while she sings to make sure she is doing it right.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:10 pm

"What ar' yah doing, Doctor?"
A squat Ugly creature who smelled of decay comments entering her awareness. Without opening the door, the scavenger had somehow entered the room.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ceffer Hawk
HP:
Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Left_bar_bleue13/13Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
FP:
Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

https://ssssconspire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Slightly startled, Ratha accidentally miss-aligns the arcane symbol of concentration by 0.02 centimeters. The Song of Assembly becomes lost to her for the moment and she cringes, barely able to hide her disgust from that filthy creature. Ratha faces the intruder, her face calm. "I am performing a ritual known as the 'Arcane Art of Assembly'." She speaks the name of it in High Elf, as is custom for students of the Academy. At this point one might expect the high and mighty elf to explain her words to a lowly grub like that scavenger, however, Ratha does not. Instead she turns a quizzical eye towards the intruder. "What, if I may ask, is your business here?"

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:02 pm

"I am in charge of maintaining this ships systems. I was under the impression that Drannor was the one with magic artifacy. I was not aware we had another practitioner of Arcane Art of Assembly. I am pleased to make acquaintance. Would you be put upon if I requested your assistance with maintaining the magical systems?"
Dett requested, inclining his head.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Left_bar_bleue13/13Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
FP:
Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 2: You Bought HOW Many Sensors?! Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Ratha contemplates him. "Very well, but only if it is more dire an emergency than requires my presence in Sickbay. Do not schedule me for regular maintenance." She admires with disgust the arcane symbol of Unity, which, in all irony, was molded from a human alloy rather than carved from the traditional earth-marble of the Elven homeworld. "And as for Drannor's usefulness in the arts of magical arifacy, he could always use some work... or some help. There is no need for a second enchanting alter; You may see me here again some time."

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:49 pm

"Actually we are planning on at least three enchanting alters. In case one of them breaks and to test varying magic conductivity and other properties."
Dett explains
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:01 pm

"Hmm..." Ratha nods approvingly. "I hope at least one of these alters shall be up to the exact specifications as listed in the General Elven Database? Those specs aren't as efficient as the setup style I am used to, but that should be a lot closer than... this." She gestures hopelessly around her. Now that the alignment is almost perfect in here, the more major blemish is all the more so; none of the artifacts are made of what they are supposed to.

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:12 pm

"When we get done at least one will but finding time to align down to the micrometer takes time, and with all that we have to do to get ship up in running order."
Dett laughs.
"Say what you will these humans push themselves far beyond what they should it is as if they are running from or to something."
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:09 am

Ratha nods. "They are a bit rustic, to say the least. Virtually primitive in one way, yet highly adaptable. My brother seems positively fascinated with them; and that's the reason I'm on this ship and not any other human rust bucket. This way, if he does something truly stupid, I'll be here to help fix his mistakes."

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:58 pm

"I was unaware that Dryads kept track of their Family after they um... Well Became Dryads. Many humans would find it commendable that you are looking after your younger brother."
Dett responds. He gestures around the room.
"Well I have to get to work if you need anything please call."
With that he disappears behind a concealed access panel that had been artfully hidden from view.

****Meanwhile******

An Orc enters the restrooms that Drannor was cleaning.
"What? A prissy Elf is doing menial work! Your parents must be so proud."
He laughs as he goes about his business.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:51 pm

*Before Dett leaves,* "It is actually more like looking out for our family name. ... Thank you, sir. I shall call, and I expect a call when you start working on the Elven style enchanting alter." The two of them exchange nods before Dett disappears. When he does, Ratha briefly examines the concealed panel and wonders if Drannor even knows it is there. She then returns to the heartwood and checks on the seedlings.

The plants have grown another inch and a half since this morning, which was impressive because Ratha hadn't had time to fertilize them properly this morning (Curse you humans and your stubbornness with Earth 'Standard' Time!) and they'd had to go without. Now the tallest ones were up to Ratha's hip, and she could see tiny buds starting to form.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Dann begins singing an Elven folk song about someone who went down a closed road, saw something he shouldn't have, and got in trouble for it. He improvises a second verse by substituting some words about the orc in the stall on the end (unless said orc gives any indication of understanding the lyrics).

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Anthony Wells V (aka. Mercury)
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down