Super GURPS Style Again
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 3.5 False leads

4 posters

Go down

Session 3.5 False leads Empty Session 3.5 False leads

Post by Shadow8472 Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:48 pm

Recap: We didn't have a session this time.

Come up with a creative story where you investigate a lead as to the whereabouts of the children.

Restrictions:

• All leads are false.
  • No killing important characters.
  • No blabbing outside town as to the existence of supers.

If you want to work in pairs, feel free.
If you want to work with someone on B team, speak quickly.

Have fun, be creative, and post your report here.
After everyone has reported, we can have another debriefing.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Anthony Wells V (aka. Mercury)
HP:
Session 3.5 False leads Left_bar_bleue10/10Session 3.5 False leads Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
FP:
Session 3.5 False leads Left_bar_bleue10/10Session 3.5 False leads Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Session 3.5 False leads Empty Re: Session 3.5 False leads

Post by doomedelf Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Ceffer Hawk walks into the forest and fails to walk out. Two hours later he sends an email from the library computer in town saying that he arrived save and sound.

Last edited by doomedelf on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clerification)
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ceffer Hawk
HP:
Session 3.5 False leads Left_bar_bleue13/13Session 3.5 False leads Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
FP:
Session 3.5 False leads Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 3.5 False leads Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

https://ssssconspire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:30 am

Pearl recieved Ceffer's email wondering, Why ever wouldn't he be safe and sound? Safe and sound from what? Then she runs a program to trace the source of the email and turns green with envy. How come he gets to sneak off campus so easily but every time I try to do so without leave, west is east and east is west? She grumbles about this for a minute before resuming her work.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Meriah "Ember" Den
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:10 am

Tony spends the time searching in town and taking some basic Judo lessons. He uses a screen name on the social media to try and extract information from the bad side of town, but he ends up doing some lightweight vigilante work while practicing his skills as a practical speedster and in Judo.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:51 pm

A couple hours after the unusual email, Pearl completes her latest report on super powers. The subject matter surrounds Pearl's little sister Rosie and her latest ability, which is to shrink small animals and float them away in her pink bubbles (like the good witch in Wizard of Oz). Before turning it in, she asks her co-worker Maria to look it over.

"You sure write an awful lot about your sister," Maria gives the paper back to Pearl.

"Of course!" Pearl smiles, recalling the afternoons she spends with her sis. "How else would I do my work and babysit at the same time?"

Maria giggles. "You are a genius; I wish I had your energy."

"It also helps that Rosie's so prolific with her new abilities, and hanging out with her also sometimes gives me the chance to observe the other children too."

"Speaking of children, have you heard any news about the boys who were kidnapped?"

Pearl sighs. "I'm afraid not, but I promise you'll be the first to know if I hear anything promising."

Something suddenly catches Maria's eye and she blushes her cheeks lighten slightly. "There goes Phillip."

"Oh, your boyfriend?" Pearl turns as every single young lady's dream walks past towards the photo copier.

"NO!" Maria cups her mouth, but after a moment she lowers her hands and her eyes loose focus. "But isn't he dreamy?"

Pearl takes another sweet look at him. "I don't have a crush on him if that's what you mean, but I do like looking at Phillip."

"You're so lucky to have him as your boss."

"At least we're not on a first name basis yet." Pearl replies to her questioning look with a smirk. "So you still have a chance..."

(To Be Continued!)

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Tony emails Smith about an idea for enhancing his powers.

Hey, I just had this random thought while eating breakfast. What if we could fashion up some flash smoke bombs so you can vanish and appear like cartoon ninjas?

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:51 pm

After Pearl and Maria have proofread Pearl's report, she reprints the result and delivers it to Phillip Argo at his cubicle. "My latest report, Mr. Argo."

Phillip flashes her one of his famous million dollar smiles. "Thank you, Miss Thompson. I look forward to reading it." He looks over the first paragraph. "These are always very helpful to me, I hope you know that."

"I do. Anything to help the cause." Pearl pauses. "Have you heard anything about the kidnapped school boys?"

Phillip takes his own pause, then looks up at the ceiling as though remembering something. "You know, I think I might have..." He sets Pearl's report aside and brings up a news article from one of the nearby towns. "There, right there." He points to an add concerning an upcoming day camp for boys. "Here, let me email this to you so you can check it out on your own. Ok?"

Pearl grins. "Perfect! This is exactly what we've been looking for. Seems like all the higher ups are eager to get those boys back."

"And what better place to hide them than in plane sight, eh?" Phillip proceeds to email the article to her. "Do you plan to investigate?"

"Only if I find anything worth investigation..."

"I think you aught to. Those boys are worth a lot to us; not just their parents, but every super living here in Wells Hills. If the public, or worse yet the media finds out about supers, America will be facing war on all sides."

"Ok, I'll investigate. Believe me, no one knows how important this is more than I do." Pearl starts to leave, but Phillip grabs her wrist for a bit.

"Thank you, Miss Thompson," he smiles at her again, and the room seems to glow with hope and pride. "I knew I could count on you."

(To Be Continued!)

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by zebtheelf Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:31 am

Smith emails Tony back saying.
That sounds like a great Idea.

zebtheelf
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Nameless
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Eight Days later, an orange-honey striped cat with big black spots covering the left ear, the back right foot, and the last third of the tail except for the very tip which was honey colored; such a cat checked in at the border patrol. Once Pearl has had a chance to revert to human form, freshen up, and draft her report, she eats dinner with her coworker Maria.

"So what was it like?" Maria asked, idly melting the water in her cup and re-freezing it in different shapes. "Besides like your average summer camp."

"To be honest, rather dull." Pearl sighs at her salad and pushes it aside in favor of a chicken-cheese casserole. "I did identify a kid who could talk to mice, so the trip wasn't a total waste. I was so sure I'd find something, anything that could've helped us locate those missing boys, but *sigh* nothing."

"That's too bad," Maria freezes a fish shaped ice cube. "But at least you found that super mousy boy."

Pearl nearly chokes with laughter. "I'll be sure to forego calling him that when he arrives this weekend." She holds her hair back and dips her head to her plate.

"What are you doing?"

"Eating..."

"You're doing it like a cat."

Pearl blushes and sits up. She takes a brief moment to examine the fork, knife, and spoon beside her plate as though mentally rehearsing how to use them. "Well that was embarrassing. I've never spent so long as a cat before, I guess I got used to it."

(To Be Concluded!)

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:58 am

An email comes from the library.
Hey, How much are you willing to pay for these suits. They they are willing to sell you the plans or the suits.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Session 3.5 False leads Left_bar_bleue13/13Session 3.5 False leads Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
FP:
Session 3.5 False leads Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 3.5 False leads Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:43 pm

The lab is willing to buy the plans and share any improved designs derived from them for the next year.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Pearl fine-tunes her report after dinner with Maria, and again during breakfast the next day. It details the events leading up to her departure from Wells Hills, her stay at the summer camp, and her return. The details boil down to what follows.

While talking with Phillip Argo, he remembered a possible lead he saw as to the whereabouts of the missing boys. His lead was an add for an all boys summer camp not far from Wells hills. After investigating the article, Pearl obtained leave and ventured forth to the campsite as a cat with a very distinct fur pattern. She spent the better part of the day looking in all the nooks and crannies the campsite had, searching for the boys or clues. She took breaks during meal times and free times to hang out with the campers. While alone with one boy in his cabin, she observed him speaking with and giving bread crumbs to a mouse. Pearl made note of his identity and proceeded with her search in vain. Other than the boy who could talk with mice, nothing more interesting than a game of laser chase happened while she was there. Pearl found no missing boys, no underground child trafficking system, not even any clues which indicated anything relating to the disappearance.

Phillip must have been mistaken. A hunch is only a hunch, after all. And even the best of us are still only human. Anyway, it was the best lead Pearl has had since the boys were kidnapped.

(Fin!)

The report is on Dr. Well's desk by nine thirty.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:37 pm

After two weeks of dead ends, everyone is back, once again in the debriefing room. Dr. Wells makes his usual entrance. Having already read the preliminary reports from other teams, he is a bit frustrated with how thoroughly the kids were hidden.

"Sorry for the slight delay, I... uh... didn't notice the time as I was finishing with the reports."

*looks at Pearl and sits down in his seat*

"Let's begin. Was anyone able to find some insight as to the kids' location?"

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:26 pm

After a long an uncomfortable silence, Tony speaks up.

"I think it's safe to say nobody was successful, however I was able to get my speed a little more under control."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:00 pm

"Not exactly unsuccessful per say...
Ceffer adds hesitantly.
doomedelf
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
FP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down