Session 3: Ship in Distress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Session 3: Ship in Distress

Post by Tzarina8472 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:56 pm

While discussing the finer points of why and how the captain was supposed to build such an alter to Aheia, our ship recieved a distress call from an Elven Transport ship. We changed course to investigate and lend help if we could... We found the ship in detrimental repair; the crew was presumed dead and the resident dryad, the only survivor so said our sensors, had gone completely insane. There were also a number of very deadly traps, one of which poisoned a soldier and another that nearly cut off Aheia's leg (who hadn't told us she was going to come). Fortunately Ratha was able to diagnose and heal everyone of the away-team who became injured. After a short magic duel with the resident dryad, Ratha was going to attempt to cure his madness, but Aheia suggested we turn back and put the poor creature out of his misery.

Upon returning to the ship, we learned that the Elven carrier had taken a shot at us; the shot injured several crew, destroyed thirty tons of sensors, and severely damaged our warp engine.

Drannor - 6
Ratha - 8
Darvin - 4

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Meriah "Ember" Den
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Ship in Distress

Post by Tzarina8472 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:12 am

As Ratha *POP* re-appears back in the heartwood, she sees that the mushroom has lowered his top to become a trembling purple and black bump on the wall. "?" She warps outside the heartwood a bit and sees the alarm light flashing, then the ever annoying pre-recorded message saying that the ship is under attack. Ratha takes a quick peek at her garden to see that the plants haven't fared badly at all, then she hustles over to sickbay to lend her services.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:18 am

Dann and Carpet head to sickbay where Dann volunteers use of his healing spells until he is depleted. "Okay,... I'm going to be on the sidelines... for a few." He then finds a chair somewhere and occupies it for ten minuets before going back to work.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
Name: Anthony Wells V (aka. Mercury)
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 am

"Crewman!" Ratha yells in Drannor's general direction as he starts to sit. "Get that rug over here and start helping us move patients!"

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 am

Dann nods to Carpet, who goes to help Ratha. Dann pulls his trenchcoat hood over his head and turns on some peaceful music.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm

After Ratha finishes her duty shift, she contacts the captain and, after getting his permission, goes to the cargo bay and sighs at the damage. She then starts rooting around through the magic supplies for a grimorie containing the Test Food spell of all things.

The cargo bay is a royal mess. There is a large scare in one wall where one of the missiles blew right on through it, but has since been patched. Nearby that are a couple of piles of broken or decimated sensors, some of them having been carelessly tossed aside as the work crew did repairs. The damaged cargo container is still here, but nearly empty. It will have to be replaced.

As Ratha enters the container with magic supplies in it, a cascade of fist sized boxes pours out around her knees. She grumbles somewhat, wincing and trying not to damage any of them. Curses! Not only do I need to find one spell among thousands, the entire thing is in disarray! This is going to take hours! But I may as well get started now. The sooner I start, the sooner this container will be organized again.

Casting Analyze Magic on the entire pile would be pointless, as it would either only tell her one spell on a thing or flood her head with so many that she'd get a headache. So, box by small box, Ratha opens them one at a time and reads it if a grimorie, or stows it properly if it is a powerstone or manastone. The task is ageless and dreary, and if she fails to concentrate on it for more than a second, she may miss something.

Most of the spells she finds would be useful if she doesn't already have it, but they not what she is looking for. Finally, as the pile of padded gems has dwindled from a mess to a dozen sorted piles to a mere stack of unread grimories, and as the heartwood is beginning to call to Ratha, she reads one of the last grimories and discovers that it is chalk full of food and cooking spells, starting with Test Food. Unfortunately it's written in Enlightened, and this particular grimorie is a tiny book instead of a gem; she will have to use some sort of magnification to read it at all.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 am

Dann gets up from his "power nap" and collects Carpet when he is done with his tasks. Dann then begins meandering in the direction of a shower room. As Dann turns to go into the shower room, Carpet realizes, It's B**H time!? and tenses up, cancels the turn, and starts speeding down the hall with Dann barely handing on.

"Now, Carpet, " Dann tries to fast talk carpet while dodging second responders, "You know you must have a bath before you get stained and I have to get someone to fix you!" Carpet tries to shake Dann off again. Carpet executes a beautiful right angle turn at full speed around a corner, and Dann does not. Dann goes slamming his back into a wall, taking 12 damage.

Carpet does not notice that Dann fell off and continues recklessly flying about the ship.

Last edited by Shadow8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:38 am

Carpet comes briefly through the cargo bay, where Ratha has started sorting the grimories from the powerstones. Carpet dodges cargo containers left, right, and center before deciding to hide inside an open one.

Suddenly an elf enters the exact cargo container Carpet is hiding in. "Carpet?" says Ratha, speaking in High Elf. "What are you doing herEEEAAARRR!!!" Carpet flies into Ratha knocking her aside as her armload of whatever (powerstones) goes flying everywhere. Carpet then crashes into and folds up against the next cargo container over, pulls back and shudders, then makes a grand exit by knocking over a tidy pyramid of grimories, which both causes a lot of noise and makes Ratha very unhappy.

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 am

With some difficulty, a thoroughly winded Dann activates his comm. "Medical Emergency... it's me... in the corridor... near the cargo bay." After the call, Dann casts Major Healing on himself. He barely gets enough of the spell to work. He then casts minor healing to get his HP back up to 7/10. "Dann to Sickbay, I'm coming in. No need for a response team."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 am

"Well Mr Southwestern Glade, did your pet run away and leave in you in this state."
A human in a Nurse outfit comments walking down the hall. She stands above Dann looking quizzical.
doomedelf
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ceffer Hawk
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
FP:
12/12  (12/12)

View user profile http://ssssconspire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 am

Dann stands up. "Carpet hasn't needed a regular bath in so long, he forgot he likes them after the first few seconds."

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Drannor's personal com bracelet starts beeping. When he answers, Ratha starts gibbering to him in High Elf. "[Drannor! The grass-fiber woven construct of bitter bark and gopher intelligence belonging to you happening right now have gone away and chopped down a geometric and rosy stack of unknown knowledge grimories belonging to me! Grab hold of Carpet and UPROOT IT!!!]"

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow8472 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Dann comm's Ratha back in High Elf. "Carpet needs a bath. I need a mend. And a cross nurse came out to answer my *canceled* medical emergency call... " There sound of a slight struggle and a few unclear words, and Dann continues talking. "I have carpet controlled now." Dann switches to English. "I am going to bathe Carpet and then finish getting patched up."

Dann nods to the nurse and proceeds to the chambers of cleanliness. Carpet is still a little reluctant, but complies long enough for the soap bubbles to come out. Carpet starts popping all the little bubbles with individual tufts. Dann snickers inwardly. And that is why you like bath time. A sudden pain spike in his side reminds Dann he still needs to visit sickbay. The brunt of it is fleeting, though. "Okay now Carpet, other side!"

Carpet goes belly up and squishes the remaining bubbles through for a through cleaning. A quick final rinse later, and Carpet twists himself out before Dann uses Air Jet to dry him off. About an hour after catching Carpet, Dann is in Sickbay again sitting on a fully dry Carpet.

Shadow8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:39 am

After obtaining the perfect grimorie, Ratha looks up and notices her vision has gone slightly blurry; an indication of having been from the heartwood too long. She warps back to it with the tiny book in hand, vowing to find its value and pay for it later. As she arrives, the mushroom peeks out from above his cap, then begins to bounce down and back up again, shimmering half a dozen colors. "Yes, yes, I was gone a long time." Ratha sets the grimorie on a shelf and sits down. She pulls out her ukulele and note pad, taking notes while she plays.

"[Dear Elders,]
[This is Ratha Wysawenys of the South-Western Glade, High Honors Student of the Dryad Institution, and now a medical officer aboard the human trading vessel. I send you first word of my travels...]
" As Ratha speaks, the pen dances along across the page. She tells it of all her adventures on ship so far, including of the recent experience with an insane dryad and the apparent child of a goddess interrupting nearly everything the captain tries to do. "[...and there she was again, with her leg stuck in a bear-trap. And here is what surprised me most, dear Elders; goddess Aheia had nearly had her leg chopped off by that trap. Fortunately my brother and I were able to heal her quickly and no dis-honor was to be done. Still, common belief would indicate that these beings are immortal as black-holes. This may not be the case so much when they are young and in need of followers. I suspect the powers of the goddess Aheia will increase at least ten fold once the captain owns enough fortune to his name so as to provide for her an alter. Still, I would not deliberately cross her, or any young god or goddess, for of what power they do wield. Frankly I would be more scared of such traps could harm a divine being, even a young one; for what would these traps and weapons do to us?]
[Sincerely, Ratha Wysawenys of the South-Western Glade.]"

Tzarina8472
Hero

Character sheet
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
FP:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down